This contract is possibly illegal by nature for the following reasons:
In the case of the Unlimited Vacation Club by AMResorts, none of the contracts are tied to the countries in which they are signed. (Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Cuba)
According to their most recent contract (August 2018), when you sign with them, the contract is not between you and the Unlimited Vacation Club. It is a “mediation contract” as noted below.
Their end of the contract formed a split between three different parties, represented by Erick Gildargo Jimenez Ortiz.
MEDIATION CONTRACT (THE “CONTRACT”) EXECUTED BY AND BETWEEN, ON ONE PART, UVC GLOBAL PANAMA, S. de R.L. AND UVC SALES PANAMA, S. DE R.L., REPRESENTED BY ERICK GILDARDO JIMENEZ ORTIZ (HEREINAFTER REFERRED COLLECTIVELY TO AS “MEDIATOR”), AND, ON THE OTHER PART,
Apparently, this contract states that you have a relationship with the “mediator,” not with the Unlimited Vacation Club. This activity should be questionable of on several counts:
- The mediator was not present to sign, neither did Unlimited Vacation Club present a power of attorney to sign for him.
- None of the workers at the Universal Vacation Club are employees of the company. This is includes all sales marketing and contracts personnel. There is legal agreement that the employees represent the mediator or Unlimited Vacation Club which makes the contracts voidable.
- The mediator does not have a business licenses to sell UVC in Costa Rica nor Jamaica.
- If you have any legal issues with the contract, you must contact the mediator. Unlimited Vacation Club, merely services the contract.
- The mediator is not a part of https://opencorporates.com/companies/pa/155659308 – not listed as “agent” in Panama.
- The companies listed were only incorporated 9 months ago and did not include GBS International which is included on the receipt.
The credit card receipt has three names, but GBS International is not listed as a business to operate in these countries.
RECEIPT: I hereby authorize to: UVC / UVC Global Panama, S. de R.L. and UVC Sales Panama, S. de R.L. / GBS International, Inc.
GBS International is a Florida based company at the same location of Unlimited Vacations Club.
If there is a dispute, the jurisdiction of the contract is in Panama, not the country where the contract was signed.
If it is a right to use, you can simply walk away. There is no deed. According to the contract, you have no legal rights to the property other than the right to use it.
If you want a full refund, first dispute the charges with your credit card company and send them a copy of your contract. Inform them how it is illegal on many counts. Let them go after the club.
Most contracts will explain how to cancel your timeshare prior to rescission. Read it! If you are within the rescission period and you don’t write the letter according to the instruction in the contract, the company will simply keep your money. But even after the rescission, you should still get a full refund as I believe that the contract is voidable on legal grounds.
When I spoke to a disgruntled Unlimited Vacations Club who had just purchased and wants to cancel, she stated that the contract specifically states that she is not allowed to disclose any of the contents of the contract to anyone, not even an attorney.
Do not buy, sell or get rid of your unwanted timeshare until you read, EVERYTHING ABOUT TIMESHARES: Before, During and After The Sale. Learn more.
Only $9.95 Until Black Friday, November 23, 2018
Regular Price $14.95